I’m humbled you’re here, thank you for wanting to get to know me in this virtual space.
here’s the current flow:
I co-founded a project in 2013 called Gardweeno which ran summer and fall programs in an empty lot with kids from 2013 – 2016. We learned how to garden. How build. How to cook. How to transform. This marked the beginning of my community practice and my forever love for our Gardweeno kids.
Currently I am the Arts in Context Manager at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and MuseumLab, where I collaborate with artists to create drop in programs, events, and happenings to connect our current exhibits and art on view with our local scene. Overseeing the F.I.N.E. Residency program at the museum, I help artists communicate their artistic process to the public through observation and prototyping.
When I’m not at work, I’m either in the neighborhood gardens or at my studio in UnSmoke Artspace.
- Pittsburgh Learning Commons, board member
- Remake Learning Network, member
- Center for Women’s Entrepreneurship @ Chatham University, member
- Carnegie Mellon University, alum
- Angels’ Place, parent alum
Words that describe me: mother, lover, hugger, connected to the earth, artist, quiet fighter, love moving to music, community pollinator, helper, builder, loves to work with their hands, Tejane (my attempt at a gender neutral Tejano/a), background hype person
- “Personality Test” I participated in with TribLive
- “#ArtisticVisionPGH” with PghLesbian
- “Meet Zena Ruiz” by Sarah Collins
Thank you for being curious